The reason why you should register for IJMB before JAMB has been outline in this post. Kindly take your time to read through for better comprehension.
A lot of student get confused about the IJMB Programme. We have simplified this post to answer most questions you have in mind, If you still feel you would want to have a conversation with us on what is not clear, You may reach us via the comment section below or via the contact details at the end of this post.
The IJMB programme is a nine (9) month programme that qualifies candidates for Direct Entry Admission into their preferred University to study their desired course provided they meet up with the required for their desired course.
You may be planning to sit for the IJMB programme or the JAMB exams or probably both. On the other hand, you may likely have someone who is about to write either of the exams mentioned above. Let’s quickly take a look at the benefits, advantages and disadvantages of the IJMB Programme.
BENEFITS OF IJMB
The main benefit of the IJMB programme is that it guarantees admission to 200L via Direct Entry unlike JAMB that qualifies you for 100L admission. IJMB does not require Post-UTME. The IJMB result can be used for admission in cases where the candidate does not secure admission the first year. Another benefit is that awaiting result candidates can as well register for the IJMB programme.
Advantages Of IJMB
- You will learn under a friendly environment where you can have a one-on-one conversation with your lecturers and coordinators of each centre. You can as well discuss your worries, fears and weakness on a subject with your lecturers or coordinators.
- It gives you the ability to experience a campus life experience before your admission into the University. You meet and discuss with people from other tribes as the programme was designed to accommodate people of different ethnicity whose main focus is to study.
- IJMB gives better chances of securing admission. You can have JAMB as an option while still having your IJMB programme.
- In IJMB, most of the courses taught are compared to 100L which gives you a higher advantage in the university because you like have covered the same subjects you would be thought in 100L.
- IJMB students perform brightly in the university because they have been used to reading all through their IJMB programme.
We all know nothing comes with an advantage without a disadvantage, Below are the possible disadvantages of the IJMB programme.
Disadvantages of IJMB
Here are the disadvantages of running an IJMB Program
- IJMB is an external exam, which means exam questions are not set by your lecturers.
- The programme is quite expensive, you will need to budget at least 200,000 to spend throughout the program, of which you can pay in installment.
- IJMB admission is not automatic, no exam is, meaning you will need to wait for the admission list.
- You might not gain admission in your first year, especially if your IJMB point is low
- You might be given another course if your IJMB point is low to your chosen course.
- In some Universities, You will still need to write post-UTME just like every other Direct Entry student like OND, JUPEB, and Cambridge A’ level.
- You will need to read very well aside your lecture period of which We advise dedicating 3 hours daily to studying alone.
We believe by now we have walked you through the Advantages and Disadvantages of the IJMB programme. Would you like to start your registration? Follow the instructions on the official portal
https://portal.ijmbweb.com.ng or follow the registration guide below to apply for the IJMB programme.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IJMB PROGRAMME
This is to inform all prospective candidates wishing to apply for admission into 200L via the IJMB Programme that sales of Application forms for 2022/2023 admission exercise is now open.
HOW TO OBTAIN IJMB APPLICATION/ADMISSION PROCESSING FORM
1. Visit our site: portal.ijmbweb.com.ng
2. Click on “MAKE PAYMENT” from the site.
3. Fill in all the information in the space provided including phone number and upload a passport photograph.
4. Submit to make and generate payment “Transaction ID” (Payment can be made via ONLINE or by making bank deposit to the official account details on the Make Payment Page).
5. Return to portal.ijmbweb.com.ng, click on “CREATE ACCOUNT” to create Online Application account using the TRANSACTION ID generated.
6. After Creating Account, The system automatically logs you to your student dashboard.